New climate justice working group
MÄN’s climate seminar series has resulted in a global working group for climate justice.
The Climate Crisis, Men, Masculinity and Climate Justice seminar series was arranged as part of the global MenEngage Symposium Ubuntu, which ran from November 2020 through June this year. MÄN initiated the series, which was designed with MenEngage’s Global Secretariat, MenEngage members from different parts of the world and Fridays For Future, among others.
A global working group for climate justice has been formed as a result of the seminar series. The purpose is to leverage and implement items raised at the seminars and to work on how MenEngage can contribute their feminist knowledge of masculinity norms to the global effort for social, economic and ecological justice. Another important factor is to get more men involved as part of the solution to the climate crisis.
SEE THE SEMINAR SERIES CLIMATE CRISIS, MEN, MASCULINITY AND CLIMATE JUSTICE:
- 1. Voices from women and girls leading the feminist Climate Movement (Dec 10, 2020)
- 2. Men, Masculinities and earth: Contending with the (m)Anthropocene (February 25, 2021)
- 3. Challenges and Opportunities for Building Resilient, Sustainable Communities (March 11, 2021)
- 4. Good practice examples of men involved in the climate movement (April 1, 2021)
- 5. Good practice examples of men involved in climate crisis (part 2) (April 29, 2021)
- 6. MenEngage Feminist Action for Climate Justice, Generation Equality Fora; Practical work with men (May 6, 2021)
- 7. Summarizing the hightlights from the series and establishment of a Global MenEngage Working Group for Climate Justice (June 3, 2021)